The Amabile Choirs of London, Canada is thrilled to welcome world renowned humanitarian, conductor and composer Jim Papoulis to the 2007 Amabile Festival!
On March 3rd, 2007 we welcomed Jim into the Amabile Family and were honoured to perform his splendid compositions. This Festival was a special one, as we premiered two picees that our Treble Concert Choir and Amabile Young Men’s Ensembled composed (respectively). The focus and theme of this year’s concert was to raise awareness about and campaigning against child labour and child soldiers in various countries around the world.
In a unique way of incorporating technology into our concerts, a slideshow was featured alongside each piece performed interspered with examples of child rights abuses, with our singers as the narrators bringing to life the stories of these children worldwide.
We sincerely thank:
- Jim Papoulis, for sharing his expertise with our choristers and conductors;
- Nick Paparella for an exceptional job hosting,
- Instrumentalists Jim Smythe (bass), and Rob Inch (percussion),
- Our accompanists,
- The dozens of volunteers who helped make this event run smoothly,
- Our amazing choristers for their hard work, artistic excellence and dedication this past season. YOU made every day and every minute phenomenal!
- Our artistic directors for their leadership and without whom, none of the Amabile excellence would happen.
Scroll down for photos!