On Thursday, September 24, the Province of Ontario launched province-wide public consultations – ‘Culture Talks’ – on Ontario’s first culture strategy. Consultations will run until December 7, 2015.
Your ideas will help to develop a strategy that sets out a vision for arts and culture in Ontario and identifies priorities and actions to guide the government’s support for the sector in the years to come.
Culture Talks will help
• establish what Ontarians value about culture
• identify opportunities to better meet the needs of the arts and culture sector
• ensure that the government’s policies and programs reflect Ontario’s diverse populations and communities
How to participate:
• Discussion paper
Read the full discussion paper and share your comments.
• Town halls – October to December
Attend the province’s town halls. Not your ‘average’ town halls, these events will include engaging activities and inspiring conversations with local arts and culture personalities. You are welcome to attend any town hall meeting but the closest one will be held in London on Thursday, Nov 19 at Museum London, time tbd.
• Online discussion – Ontario.ca/CultureTalks
Join the conversation online, in real time. You can share your thoughts about Ontario arts and culture, discuss with other participants and vote on their ideas.
If you’d like more information about Culture Talks contact firstname.lastname@example.org