Welcome to our new and returning choristers to the 35th Anniversary Season of Amabile!
A warm Amabile welcome to our new choristers, families, conductors, accompanists, and board members as they join our Amabile family; and welcome back to our returning members and their families, staff and board members.
This season is particularly exciting as we are celebrating the 35th Anniversary of Amabile! As co-founder, I am in awe and almost disbelief that 35 years have passed so quickly. Amabile has grown from the original 42 members of the Amabile Youth Singers to 8 Choirs and 3 ensembles of about 300 singers. It has been a fantastic journey of excellence, artistry, dedication, enthusiasm and growth.
We look forward to greeting you at our upcoming concerts, especially our Amabile Festival in March 2020, when all the choirs will join their voices in celebration as we welcome home guest composer and former Junior Amabile Singer, Sarah Quartel.
We invite you to sit back and let the music of the outstanding award-winning choirs of Amabile lift your hearts and enrich your lives.
We are one in song, as we continue on the Amabile Choirs’ journey for future generations
by celebrating and enriching our community, “one voice at a time“.
~ Brenda Zadorsky,
Artistic Director and Co-Founder
As we look back at our phenomenal season last year full of rich music, exciting concerts and hard-working choristers and volunteers.
Our last season included:
- Working with the legendary Jim Papoulis for the annual Amabile Festival, Music Changes the World. Thank you to Jim for bringing his songs of hope and love to our choristers! Working with Jim was an inspirational experience for all our choristers and staff involved.
- Our 4 Junior Amabile Choirs were joined by guest choirs: the Grand Philharmonic Children’s Choir & the Windsor-Essex Youth Choir to celebrate Canada’s linguistic diversity. It was a phenomenal concert and we were thrilled to work with great local talent.
- Two tours to Europe: our Amabile Youth Singers went to Italy where they met up with Amabile Alumni Robert Hutson and gave an impromptu performance at The Accademia Europea Dell’Opera and performed in St. Peter’s Basilica in Vatican City!
- Our Junior Amabile Singers hopped across the pond to England where they took part in the International Children’s Choir Festival at Canterbury and London!
- Two wins in the CBC National Choral Competition: Amabile Young Men’s Ensemble with first place; and the Amabile Chamber Choir placed second! Congratulations to both groups!
We can only hope to match that level of excitement for the 35th Anniversary Season! We have many exciting activities coming up this season. Our Amabile Boys & Men’s Choir will celebrate their 30th Anniversary in May 2020 and they also have planned an Australia 2020 Tour for our Treble Concert Choir and Amabile Young Men’s Ensemble, culminating in the impressive Pemuluwuy International Choral Festival.
Our Amabile Girls and Women’s Choirs have many exciting things planned as well – especially with their 35th Anniversary this year. We look forward to seeing how all our choirs celebrate their respective milestones!
But most of all, we look forward to celebrating these milestones with you! Thank you for all your support over the last 35 years.
Without your support we would never have made it this far. Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts.