In celebration of 35 years of making music in London, all of our choirs came together to present the music of former Junior Amabile Singer, Canadian composer Sarah Quartel at this year’s Amabile Festival! We were so incredibly pleased to welcome Sarah home as we celebrated such a milestone anniversary.
Our hearts are so full from Festival; Sarah’s beautiful music was brought to life through our choirs, who brought the soul of each piece forward in each and every performance. Our audience was so moved by your creativity and artistry. Sarah – we are so pleased and proud of your accomplishments and your talents that you were able to share with us.
This year’s repertoire was beyond incredible; from young to old, Sarah’s music took us on the journeys she’s been on and captivated us with the elegance and eloquence of every piece. Both performances had First-St. Andrew’s United Church filled with standing ovations and thunderous applause at the end of each.
We sincerely thank:
- Sarah Quartel, for sharing her expertise and music with our choristers, conductors, and accompanists
- Instrumentalists Rob Inch (percussion) and Lac Hong Phi (cello)
- Accompanists Denise Jung, Rachel Wohlgemut and Rosemary Bannerman
- The dozens of volunteers who helped make this event run smoothly. Your volunteerism is so appreciated and we are ever so grateful for all the time and effort you put into your work. Whether it’s ticket selling, roadies, ushers, cupcake artists to everything and anything in-between … you go above and beyond and we thank you for your unending commitment to our choristers and their love of art.
- Our brilliant choristers for their hard work, artistic excellence and dedication. YOU made it phenomenal!
- Our artistic staff for having outdone themselves in preparing the music for this day. When presented with challenges, you poured your hearts and souls into the preparation of such moving performances.
And finally, we the Amabile Choirs of London, Canada thank you, our amazing audience members and supporters who come to all our concerts and events. Thank you for your unending support over the last 35 years. Without you, we wouldn’t be where we are today.
To learn more about Sarah’s works, click here.