Sunday May 12 2019
2:30 PM & 7:00 PM
First St. Andrews United Church | 350 Queens Ave
Amabile Choirs hosted it 29th Annual Amabile Festival on Sunday, May 12th, 2019. The theme this year supported our mission statement of ‘enriching and celebrating our community: one voice at a time’ and our concerts, entitled, Music Changes the World, featured renowned humanitarian, conductor and composer, Jim Papoulis.
Jim is an extraordinary human being who brought his love for humanity and music to us and allowed us to share it with our community. Hundreds of lives have been touched by his music and we are so grateful he came back to conduct the Amabile family once again.
The repertoire was excellent and the performances in at least 12 languages were exceptional. First St. Andrews United Church was packed for both the afternoon and evening performances, with standing ovations and thunderous applause at the end of each concert.
A special acknowledgement was made to our very own Mary Margaret Farrow, one of our own tireless ‘mothers of Amabile’ who has worked tirelessly over the last 35 years. Thank you, MM, from the bottom of our hearts for all the work you’ve done for our choirs and for our community.
We sincerely thank:
- Jim Papoulis, for sharing his expertise with our choristers, conductors, and in the schools;
- Instrumentalists David Laidlaw (percussion), Jim Smythe (bass), Mike Inman (cello), Owen Poel (percussion), Georgina Galba and Lela Tamas (handbells)
- Accompanists Denise Jung, Hayoon Kim, Rosemary Bannerman and Tristin Hill
- Diane Canton, concert organizer and manager
- The dozens of volunteers who helped make this event run smoothly.
- Our wonderful choristers for their hard work, artistic excellence and dedication this past season. YOU made it phenomenal!
- Our artistic directors for their leadership and without whom, none of the Amabile excellence would happen.
And finally, we the Amabile Choirs of London, Canada thank you, our amazing audience members and supporters who come out to all our concerts and events. Without you, we wouldn’t be where we are today.
Click here to see this year’s Festival Program.