The Amabile Choirs of London, Canada is hiring for an Administrative Assistant!
For the over 35 years, the Amabile Choirs has provided music education through to enriching choral experiences for its members within 8 choirs for girls, boys, men and women of all ages.
The organization is comprised of two choir executive groups, and one governing executive board, comprised of volunteers. Amabile has experienced significant growth over the past decade, and is excited to bring a capable and passionate individual to help the organization take the operations to the next level.
Amabile is an equal opportunities organization, and will happily accept applications from any person interested in fulfilling the role as outlined below.
- Ability to work independently, and with multiple groups to identify and help solve organizational challenges
- Stronger interpersonal skilled; highly motivated
- Strong knowledge of effective website design; experience in website editing is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of effective use of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Ability to research and collate materials for the purpose of grant writing
- Ability to research and collate materials for the purpose of promoting events (i.e. concerts, and fundraising)
- Very strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, Sharepoint)
- Knowledge of CRM (Customer Relationship Management) databases considered an asset
- Knowledge of brand promotion strategies considered an asset
- Knowledge in education or arts-based, not-for-profit organizations considered an asset
- Marketing experience is considered an asset
Job Descriptions and Responsibilities
- Assist in identifying and implementing efforts towards continuous improvement of the organization
- Attend meetings of the Amabile Board of Directors in an administrative support capacity
- Record minutes of meetings and generate action items
- Maintain working calendar of choir events and due dates for Board Activities and Action Items
- Manage choir website, updating content and incorporating specific functions as needed
- Manage choir social media presence (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Maintain online communications (i.e. e-Newsletter)
- Assist with administrative tasks, including developing and printing promotional materials
- Promote Amabile events (i.e. recordings, concerts, fundraisers, auditions)
- Actively promote choir brand, including assisting in securing new sources of publicity and fundraising
- Seek out and assist in grant writing and other potential fundraising opportunities
- Respond to e-mails and communications within the organization
- Attend Amabile concerts to do event write ups for the website
Contract length: 12 months, with potential for renewal.
Hours: Part-time, 20 hours/week.
Salary: $18-$25 per hour
This position is work-from-home; however in-person meetings may occur depending.
If you, or anyone you know is interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.